- Multiply and Divide Whole Numbers
- Multiplication as Repeated Addition
- Single Digit Multiplication
- Multiplication by 10, 100, and 1000
- Multiplication Without Carry
- Multiplication With Carry
- Multiplication With Trailing Zeros: Problem Type 1
- Multiplication With Trailing Zeros: Problem Type 2
- Multiplication of 2-digit Numbers With 2-digit Numbers
- Multiplication of a Single Digit Number With Large Numbers
- Multiplication of Large Numbers
- Multiples Problem Type 1
- Multiples Problem Type 2
- Division Facts
- Fact Families for Multiplication and Division
- Multiplication or Division of Whole Numbers (Word problems)
- Multiplication and Addition or Subtraction of Whole numbers (Word problems)
- Unit Rates and Ratios of Whole Numbers (Word problems)
- Division Without Carry
- Division With Carry
- Division Involving Zero
- Whole Number Division: 2-digit by 2-digit, No Remainder
- Whole Number Division: 3-digit by 2-digit, No Remainder
- Division With Trailing Zeros: Problem Type 1
- Division With Trailing Zeros: Problem Type 2
- Quotient and Remainder: Problem type 1
- Quotient and Remainder: Problem type 2
- Quotient and Remainder (Word problems)
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Multiplication of 2-digit numbers with 2-digit numbers
Multiply 23 × 34
First we multiply 3 of 23 with 4 of 34; 4 × 3 = 12. We bring down 2 and carry 1 to tens column.
Next we multiply 2 of 23 with 4 of 34, 4 × 2 = 8. 8 + 1 = 9. We bring down 9.
Before further multiplication, we put a zero below 2 in ones column.
We multiply 3 of 34 with 3 of 23, 3 × 3 = 9. We bring down 9 to the left of 0.
Next we multiply 2 of 23 with 3 of 34; 3 × 2 = 6. We bring down 6.
We add up the two rows and the answer is 782.